Translate

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Amalfi Coast & Sorrento
















This is an incredibly old (Roman?) ruin near the heart of Sorrento. The details escape me at the moment, but it was essentially a real grotto. It was amazing to view and see that someone so long ago had built in this place. On the wall to the left were the original stairs leading down.






I love this building simply because it had such a face on it! Photos next of the incredible topography of the amalfi coast.










I am just finishing up my time along the Amalfi coast. I stayed just outside Sorrento at a campground. The first two days, I caught up on my laundry, slept and spent some time at the pool they have here. I had no sleep in Florence! Even with earplugs in my ears each night, windows closed and the a/c on, the traffic roared by my window. And for some reason I have been waking up at 6 or 6:30 every morning!

At this campground, all I heard were the birds. The white shirt I felt compelled to bring is white again. And I am able to take a respite from my city sightseeing and traffic. I have been to Pompei and Ercolano (english spelling?), and had an amazing bus ride along the Amalfi coast between Sorrento, Positano and Amalfi town. Seeing the towns lit up a night is amazing. During the day you have no idea how many building there are along this coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment