Translate

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Vincenza

















Well, I was rather excited to have a day or so here, thinking I would have the chance to see the Villa Rotunda. As it turns out the villa Rotunda is a private residence and closed to the public except for Thursday mornings from 10 to 12! And even then, it was not clear if I would be able to go inside or just get in the yard. So I spend the time there walking around town. My photos as I look at them now seem more picturesque than I remember the town being. As it turned out, the town just left me feeling like I was looking at a movie set - it seemed to lack depth, it looked uncared for considering people make their homes there, and the similarity of the buildings got boring. But I did sample a few types of gelato. They also have the Una Euro store. I walked past windows (all had bars on them) where old tires and flower pots looked as though they had been sitting there for 20 or 30 years. I assumed many of these buildings were abandoned since they also needed other repairs, but I continued to be surprised by seeing then next window had an open shutter and people inside talking or at kitchen tables. I found it all disconcerting.

No comments:

Post a Comment