Translate

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Palau de la Musica Catalana, Barcelona

One of the more expensive entry fees was at this building, so maybe I was expecting too much. No photos were allowed to be taken inside but I could get them of the inside. Obviously the entry fee goes towards upkeep because the building is well maintained. And the use of materials was interesting because it was before its time in considerations of sustainability - from material reuse to locally sourced materials. It was finished in 1908 so it is relatively new, and falls in to the category of Moderisme along with Gaudi - but that makes the category rather broad... Unfortunately this was one of my least favorite building because it made me feel sea sick! Never had that feeling on a boat, much less in a building. The decorations were just too much, too gaudy for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment